Thursday, February 02, 2006

New Housing Search Tool: Propsmart



There's a new search tool in town. After playing around with Propsmart for a little while, I'm fairly impressed. Sure there's lots of room for improvement, but its not bad for a brand new service.

In case you haven't heard of them.
Propsmart is a next-generation real estate search engine, aggregating nearly a million property listings from hundreds of online sources and private sellers and making them easily searchable with a GoogleMap-based visual interface. We've also got a budding online community of buyers, sellers, and service providers, so hang around a bit and check things out.


So as I see it, it's a Craigslist (among other sources) mashup with googlemaps in a sexy interface. They're trying to build an online community around it, which would be the differentitor. I'm looking forward to seeing how the community develops.

I'm also looking forward to seeing how they close they can come to indexing all of the active listings in the MLS. As cool as this tool is, if you're not sure that you're seeing everything available, there's going to be fear of loss to deal with. This is the same problem that I have with Trulia, another visual housing search site that I like.

I ran a couple searches and found my current active listings that I had listed on Craigslist. Here's the Propsmart page for 1237 Carrison St. It's well laid out & I think it looks good. It also has all my info, so if someone wants to contact me off of the ad, they can. I'll take more exposure for my listing...especially if they include my contact info.

Happy house hunting!

Hat tip: ReyEstate, Rain City Guide