Monday, April 10, 2006

What Does Your Email Address Say About You?


Ardell over at Rain City guide has a great post about professionalism and how it relates to email addresses.
People often ask how they should select a real estate agent and/or mortgage person. Maybe it is not fair to say that those whose email address is yahoo or hotmail or even aol are not “professional”. But doesn’t it seem so? Can it be as simple as that? Often when I am caught in a transaction with a less than professional agent or less than professional mortgage person, I am dealing with someone whose email address is nastyboy69@hotmail.com. So I think I will go out on a limb here and propose that one’s email address IS an indication of who you are dealing with.

I guess I'm out on the limb with her. An email address is absolutely an indicator. I'm not saying that it's an overriding factor; but in a time when more and more business is being conducted online, it should be a consideration.


flickr photocredit Scott Beale @ Laughing Squid. Used under a Creative Commons License.