Monday, December 05, 2005

The 100th Post Blowout Spectacular



Who would have thought that blogging about my life as a tech-enabled Real Estate agent in the East Bay would have opened up so many opportunities. My Real Estate practice has blossomed in so many different ways and I keep expanding my personal network to include people who I would have never imagined meeting.

It just goes to show that you never know what the future is going to hold, especially if you decide to actively live your life and constantly seek out new people and opportunities. Just by reading a blog post a couple months ago, a chain of events was set into motion which has presented many opportunites that I never would have imagined if I had not decided to participate.

I never thought that I'd enjoy the process of creating as much as I do. I put off starting my own blog for at least six months because I was unsure of my writing abilities and whether or not I had anything meaningful to say.

I'm glad that I finally took the plunge. One year ago, I was at a Keller Williams training event called Quantum Leap and one of the things that I got out of the event was this saying.

Just Do It... then Do It Better.

And that's what I did. I don't get overly self-critical. It is what it is and I'm enjoying it immensely. The more involved I get, the more ideas I come up with and more people I meet that can help me implement those ideas. It's a wonderful cycle.

So now that MyEastBayAgent is 100, what's on the horizon?

If you know me personally, you know that I try my best to keep things light hearted and fun while at the same time getting things done. One of my recent favorite sayings has been that Real Estate has gotten in the way of my blossoming prolific blogging career.


In order to help solve this problem while still providing top notch real estate service, I'm happy to announce that the MyEastBayAgent team is expanding. Rayne Palmer is going to be formally joining forces with me and I'll be integrating her into the MyEastBayAgent team in the coming weeks. If you're a regular reader, you'll recognize her in from some of my previous posts.

Rayne is an experienced agent who has been practicing real estate in the East Bay for the past 20 years and provides a level of service that constantly impresses me. She's taught me a lot about the practical aspects of real estate during the past year and I hope that my unique perspective has rubbed off on her as well.

This move is going to help our practice evolve to where we're going to be able to present opportunities to our clients that aren't available anywhere through traditional means. I have a couple great opportunities that I'm actively researching and once again who knows what the future holds.

The other big thing on the horizon is an impending move to Wordpress. I've been really happy with Blogger for the most part, but the time has come to move on. I'm not looking forward to the process, but at least Dustin from the Rain City Real Estate Guide has offered his guidance. Remember Dustin, you offered ;).

Of course there's a lot of other things on the horizon. Some you'll be reading about in the coming days and weeks. Some that if I told you about, I'd have to kill you; or if I blogged about they would kill me. So hang tight, we're in this one for the long haul.


flickr photo credit: jwardell used under a Creative Commons license