Thursday, July 21, 2005

Searching the East Bay MLS

Eventually I want to find a place to permanently place this is a visible location, but for now I'll just post the link in this post. I have a feature on my website at myeastbayagent.com which allows people to search the East Bay MLS whenever they want to.

Known in the Real Estate industry as an IDX solution, this feature allows you to also save searches and have new listings sent to you as soon as they hit the market. It will also alert you if there are any price changes to these listings.

This is a great tool if you're in the initial phases of your home search and want to gather some general information. When you decide to move to the next step, its a good idea to contact a Real Estate professional. I'm in the trenches everyday and I have lots of information and resources to share with home buyers who are ready to buy. Buyers agents are paid out of the proceeds that the seller receives for their property, so there's no reason not to have a good agent represent you when buying property.

I used to allow people to use the feature without registering, but I found it to be very impersonal. People still register with fake information, which is cool with me, but I want to build relationships and this approach seems to be working out better.