Thursday, December 23, 2004

Holiday Season 2004

Each Thursday, brokers in the Oakland and Berkeley area go out and tour the new listings in the area. Today I got another reminder that the holidays are near when I found out that today's tour consists of a grand total of four houses in the Oakland and Berkeley area.

That's perfectly understandable. Sellers, if possible, generally like to wait until after the Holidays to list their houses. This allows them to rest easily and not have to worry about keeping their house in condition to be showed to perspective buyers. They also don't have to worry about a motivated buyer unexpectedly showing up for Christmas dinner.

While buyers may be following suit, I've been working with a list of active buyers who are ready to act if presented with the right opportunity. For the most part, I'll be working through the holiday season. With any luck, my buyers and I will find ourselves to be in the "right place at the right time" and snap up a extra holiday present.

I love my job. Each day is an exciting adventure where I can help people realize their real estate aspirations.

Happy Holidays!